Popular Destinations in Victoria
Victoria is a state in southeastern Australia, and is home to many popular tourist destinations. Some of the most popular include:
- Melbourne: Victoria’s capital city is known for its culture, food, and architecture. Visitors can explore the city’s famous laneways, take in a show at the Arts Centre, and visit the National Gallery of Victoria.
- The Great Ocean Road: This iconic coastal drive is one of the world’s most beautiful, and takes visitors past stunning natural landmarks such as the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge.
- Phillip Island: This popular destination is home to a large colony of penguins, as well as other wildlife such as seals and dolphins. Visitors can also enjoy the island’s beaches and scenic drives.
- The Grampians: This national park is known for its rugged beauty and is a popular spot for hiking, rock climbing, and wildlife watching.
- Yarra Valley: This picturesque region is known for its wineries and vineyards, and visitors can enjoy wine tasting, hot air balloon rides, and scenic drives.
- The Dandenong Ranges: This mountain range is located east of Melbourne and is known for its beautiful gardens, scenic drives and charming small towns.
- The Goldfields: This region is known for its history and culture, and visitors can explore the towns and mines that played a key role in Australia’s gold rush.
- Mornington Peninsula: This region is known for its beaches, wineries, and hot springs. Visitors can relax on the sandy beaches, go wine tasting and visit the hot springs.